Last chance to register
Are Medical Fitness to Drive Procedures Fit for Purpose?
Online Event – 27 April 2021 – 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
This online event will explore to what extent medical fitness to drive procedures in Europe are fit for purpose, in particular in light of the upcoming revision of the EU Driving Licence Directive.
The event will feature presentations on:
- The Scope of the Revision of the Driving Licence Directive – Claire Depré, European Commission
- Are Medical Fitness to Drive Procedures Fit for Purpose? – Jenny Carson, ETSC
- What can we learn from Finnish crash data about medical fitness to drive? – Tapio Koisaari, OTI, Finland
- The role of guidelines in medical fitness to drive assessments – Prof. Desmond O’Neill, National Office of Traffic Medicine, Ireland
- Sweden’s approach to medical fitness to drive – Åsa Forsman, VTI and Marie Skyving, STA – Sweden
- Assessing Medical Fitness to Drive – Dr. med. Christiane Weimann-Schmitz, pimaMPU GmbH, Germany
The event will end with a panel discussion exploring how medical fitness to drive procedures in Europe might be improved.
This event will be held using the Zoom platform. Connection details will be sent before the event to all participants.
The ETSC PIN Flash report, ‘Are medical fitness to drive procedures fit for purpose?’ which will be presented at this event can be found here.
The event will be held in English using the Zoom Webinar platform.