Super Car Weekend at Dundrum Town Centre is set to take place on the 26th and 27th August from 10am – 5pm at the ‘Paddocks’ in the red car park on level one. Taking inspiration from Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival, visitors can expect to see over 80 high-end prestigious vehicles such as a €1.5 million 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL “Gullwing”, a 2023 Porsche 911 GT3RS, a Lamborghini Diablo and a Corvette Stingray.
Visitors will also get the chance to see Irish Wakeboarder and car enthusiast David O’Caoimh in conversation with two up-and-coming motorsport stars Alex Dunne and Alex Denning across the weekend. Offaly teenager Alex Dunne is a well-established GB3 driver and British F4 Champion with his eyes firmly set on a future in F1. Alex Denning is a Dublin native, GT4 Europe Driver in McLaren’s Artura and was named Motorsport Ireland Young Driver of The Year in 2022.
The talks will take place at The Formula 1 Lounge in the Paddocks on Saturday and Sunday at 2-3pm each day. Both will be speaking about their racing experiences, knowledge, and love for the sport. Sky will also be screening the highly anticipated Formula 1 Dutch Grand Prix in this space across the weekend so make sure to check it out.
This year’s event will be in support of Purple House Cancer Support and will help raise vital funds for the charity. Purple House will be encouraging donations across the weekend with two raffles prizes each day. Raffle prizes will include a passenger experience in a pre-chosen Super Car around the Dundrum area on Sunday 27th August.
Don Nugent, Senior General Manager at Dundrum Town Centre said: ‘We are thrilled to welcome the return of Super Car Weekend at Dundrum Town Centre. Last year’s event was such a success, and we are so excited to see how this year turns out. We always try to bring something new for our visitors and we believe this will be an exciting and unique event for everybody to enjoy. We also hope that everyone gets behind Purple House and supports this very worthy cause.’
Key notes for Super Car Weekend:
- This is a complimentary event and does not require bookings.
- There will be two Top Gear inspired Q&A’s taking place over weekend. You can attend these at 2pm on Saturday 26th August and 2pm on Sunday 27th August.
- Owners of the cars on show will be able to enjoy a Nespresso coffee and connect with other super car owners at the exclusive Driver’s Lounge
- At the heart of Super Car Weekend will be the ‘Coffeezone’, brought to visitors by Carzone –Ireland’s number one online motoring portal. This area will offer coffee for consumers to purchase while walking around the event.
- The total value of the cars on show over the weekend is €20 million. You can expect to see a variety of Super Car’s including:
- 1927 Rolls Royce – Dundrum Town Centre’s very own neighbour, Airfield Estate’s almost 100-year-old Rolls Royce.
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gulwing – The world’s first super car and is considered one of the most beautiful cars in the world, even today.
- 1991 Alfa Romeo SZ – One of just 1,000 produced and designed by Zagato, This Alfa Romeo SZ is a real head turner.
- 1972 Mercedes 600 – This Mercedes 600 also called the “Grosser” was previously owned by South African President P.W. Botha and if cars could talk what a tale this one would tell.
- 2021 Aston Martin DBS Super Leggera – Aston Martin’s DBS Superleggera has huge road presence that other performance cars simply can’t match and it’s hot the power to shame most of them.
For more information on Super Car Weekend, please visit: https://www.dundrum.ie/events/super-car-weekend