Hutton & Meade Ltd, the Hyundai dealership based in Ballycoolin, Dublin 15, in partnership with Pinergy SolarElectric, has been granted an energy export connection to the grid, through ESB Networks Mini Generation process.
Pinergy SolarElectric recently installed 165 solar PV panels, 65.6 kWp, on the roof top of Hutton & Meade’s premises, completing an export connection, which will now enable Hutton & Meade to take advantage of the Micro-generation Support Scheme (MSS). The Micro-generation Support Scheme (MSS) is a Government support scheme which provides a range of supports to assist homes and businesses to develop renewable generation for self-consumption.
The granting of the export connection to the dealership is a significant step in creating opportunities for commercial property owners across Ireland to reduce their need for energy from the grid and create opportunities to export and sell their excess energy. Export connections are commonplace in many other European countries.
Speaking about the Solar PV installation, Jonathan Meade, Director of Hutton & Meade said, “We are very excited to finally have Solar PV installed on the roof of our building here in Dublin 15. This marks a big step in our sustainability journey, enabling us to utilise renewable energy. We are seeing the impacts that rising energy costs are having on our business, and this is one of many steps to bring these spiralling costs back into line. It makes good business sense to invest in our future, as we endeavour to become more energy efficient and sustainable in the months and years ahead.”
Among the installations include:
- 165 solar PV panels fitted.
- The installation at Ballycoolin will typically generate 59,945 kWh per annum of which Hutton & Meade will consume 45,730 kWh themselves and selling the surplus back to the grid.
- Micro-generation Support Scheme (MSS) is a key strategy of the Government’s Climate Action Plan as Ireland looks to build a more diversified approach to renewables.
- Micro-generation is the general term used to refer to the generation of electricity from renewable technologies including solar photovoltaic (PV), micro-wind, micro-hydro and micro-renewable combined heat and power (CHP).
- Micro-generation Support Scheme (MSS) Government support scheme provides a range of supports to assist homes and businesses to develop renewable generation for self-consumption. Micro-generation enabling framework introduces payments to micro-generators for exported electricity for the first time.
- Contributing to the increased interest in Solar PV is the Mini generation Scheme (MSS) which will enable properties with installations of up to 50 kVa to sell excess electricity back to the grid.
About Hutton & Meade
Hutton & Meade traded on the North Circular Road in the centre of Dublin from 1994. In early 2006, the building work began for a new 26 vehicle showroom in Blanchardstown. Hutton & Meade has grown significantly in the last 29 years all with thanks to customers who supported them. its professional staff of 40 are always available to ensure that the experience with the Hyundai range is enjoyable, reliable and customer focused. With Electric, Plug in Hybrid & Hybrid vehicles in the range, customers can meet the next generation now. its 11-bay workshop and fully supported aftersales team are on hand to assist in the lifetime of the car.