Poised to make big waves on the Irish market when it arrives here in September is the 5-seat, all-electric BYD DOLPHIN C-segment hatchback.
Like the recently introduced BYD ATTO 3 SUV, the BYD DOLPHIN will put economical, zero emissions motoring well within reach of singles and families thanks to its keen pricing, long list of standard features and latest battery electric technology.
Key features are:
- The first model in BYD’s ‘Ocean’ series – and first to feature their ‘Ocean Aesthetics’ concept – like ATTO 3, the BYD DOLPHIN is built on BYD’s acclaimed e-Platform 3.0 chassis – which, amongst other advantages, contributes to its interior spaciousness
- Also, like ATTO 3, it is powered by BYD’s own-manufactured 60.4 kWh cobalt-free, lithium iron phosphate ‘Blade’ battery which delivers an impressive 427km (WLTP) range with an ultra-fast 30% to 80% charging time of 29 minutes
- Four trim levels (Active, Boost, Comfort, Design) will be available. First models to be sold here will be the Comfort & Design models (60.4kWh) priced from a highly competitive €27,818 (Pre-July orders) and €29,318 (Post-July orders) after state subsidies. Active and Boost models with a 44.9 kWh blade battery will be available in Q1 2024
Other BYD DOLPHIN features that customers should watch for are:
- Its European style good looks, athletic contours, two-tone body colours and sharp flowing lines
- Classy interior with its refined design, dashboard with automatically adjustable portrait-to-landscape infotainment screen and function controls within fingertip reach
- Seating is made from vegan leather, with shoulder and back support for a more comfortable ride
- Spacious rear passenger legroom, with seat backs that split 60:40 to expand boot space from 345-litres to 1,310-litres
Amongst its numerous other features are:
- A panoramic sunroof with sunshade available on top-of-the range models
- Twenty interior storage spaces
- A 3.3kW external discharge unit to power-up a laptop or mobile phone and other external devices
Commenting, BYD’s distributor in Ireland said: “BYD DOLPHIN is an exciting new addition to the growing BYD model range in Ireland, and a delightful addition alongside the new ATTO 3. Especially noteworthy is the exceptionally keen price level at which the DOLPHIN will be introduced – evidence of the value-for-money proposition that BYD’s DOLPHIN AND ATTO 3 SUV represent.”
Initially, the BYD DOLPHIN will be available through dealerships in Dublin and Cork cities – BYD North Dublin, Navan Road; BYD South Dublin, Deansgrange and BYD Cork Eastgate Business Park, Little Island. Additional sales dealerships to be announced shortly.
Meanwhile, Bank of Ireland Finance has been announced as the exclusive finance partner of BYD.
Bank of Ireland Finance’s partnership with this innovative car brand will initially see the BYD ATTO 3 on sale in MSL garages, while the BYD Dolphin will also be available for purchase in the coming months. The new BYD partnership comes at a time when Bank of Ireland continues to make sustained progress across its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) pillars.
Speaking at the formal launch of the BYD partnership in the MSL dealership on the Navan Road Derek McDermott, Managing Director at Bank of Ireland Finance said: “This is a very exciting development for Bank of Ireland Finance, and we look forward to working with BYD and enhancing our existing partnership with MDL in ensuring that the BYD brand becomes quickly recognised here as a leader in the EV field. Bank of Ireland Finance has a range of finance options available to customers looking to purchase a BYD vehicle and will continue to work in supporting our customers in making the green transition.”