The TRITON SHOWERS South East Stages Rally Championship has forestry and tarmac rounds and as such is pretty unique and offers a true challenge for competitors who enjoy the challenge of the changing surfaces of forestry as well as the fast flowing tarmac stages for which Ireland is renowned.
We welcome back Kevin Barrett of TRITON SHOWERS who is sponsoring the South East Stages for the 19th year. At this stage, surely one of the longest and best supported rally championships in Ireland.
New for 2014 TRITON SHOWERS South East Stages Rally Championship:
· An extra forestry rally, the ALMC forestry rally based in Ashford, Co. Wicklow.
The TRITON SHOWERS South East Stages Rally Championship will be more balanced with four forestry and four tarmac rallies.
Some other changes include new (to the much younger competitors) stage locations.
· ROUND 1. The Sean Conlon Memorial Forestry rally has moved from Mitchelstown back to the Stages south of Clonmel in the Canon Wood and is based in Dudley Mills. February 2nd
· ROUND 2. The Willie Loughman Memorial Forestry Rally is shortened from the marathon of 2013 to three stages X 2 in South Kilkenny. Rally HQ Viking Hotel, Waterford. March 2nd.
· ROUND 3. The Munster Moonraker Forestry Rally is moving from Lismore to Ballyvourney in Co. Cork. April 13th.
· ROUND 4.*Carlow Stages Rally. Seven Oaks Hotel, Carlow. May 11th.
· ROUND 5. ALMC Forestry Rally based in Wicklow. May 17th.
· ROUND 6. *2Carrick-on-Suir Ravens Rock Rally. Waterford. Some stages unused for several years. June 29th.
· ROUND 7. *Tipperary Stonethrowers Rally. Clonmel. August 10th.
· ROUND 8 *3Wexford Stages Rally. Wexford. September 13th / 14th.
All of the forestry rallies are also rounds of the Valvoline National Forestry Championship.
*Rounds of the Dunlop national Stages Rally Championship. *2. Southern 4 Rally Championship. *3. R E I S BTRDA Asphalt Rally Championship.
Competitors best 5 scores to count. Competitors are required to start a minimum of three events to qualify for awards. One round may to be nominated for bonus points (double points)
Regulations from the registrar, Ann Fitzgerald, The Cross Mooncoin, via Waterford.
PROMOTED BY: The ALMC; CARLOW; CARRICK-ON-SUIR; MUNSTER; TIPPERARY AND WEXFORD MOTOR CLUBS LTD.