The Southern 4 Rally Championship, one of the most popular championships for clubmen drivers which began back in 1998, runs for the 12th time in 2010. Denis Cronin was overall winner in 2009 and will be aiming for back to back titles this year. The Quality Hotels West Cork Rally will as usual be the first round.
The 2010 rounds are as follows;
1. Quality Hotels West Cork Rally (20th & 21st March)
2. Killarney Rally of the Lakes (1st & 2nd May)
3. Ravens Rock Stages Rally (27th June)
4. Cork 20 Rally (1st & 2nd October)
5. Skibbereen Fastnet Stages Rally (24th October)
6. Killarney Historic Stages Rally (4th & 5th December) – This round counts towards Historics only
Competitors must register at documentation scrutiny and registration must be completed by no later than the third round. Registration costs €80 per crew or €50 per individual. The best four rounds are to count in both the modern and historic championships, and crews have to start a minimum of three events to qualify for awards. Points scored in one class may not be transferred to another.