- Evolution Challenge returns for its tenth consecutive season.
- Series joins MSA British Rally Championship for all six rounds.
- New first prize sees supported drive on an international rally and a chance to become European Evolution Challenge Champion.
- Winner also gets the chance of guaranteed nomination for the Pirelli Star-driver shoot-out.
- Season kicks off with shake-down event at traditional Rallye Sunseeker prologue.
- Commercial regulations and entry information now available.
- Organisers of the Mitsubishi Ralliart Evolution Challenge UK are delighted to confirm that this year will see the high-profile series for Group N Mitsubishi Lancers continue for its tenth consecutive season!
For 2010 the series joins up with the MSA British Rally Championship and follows all six of its international events, with competitors counting their best five scores towards their end of season points total. Added to this, competitors are invited to attend a pre-season shake down on the Rallye Sunseeker, which has traditionally become the prologue event for the Evolution Challenge.
Having spent the past few months preparing for the season ahead, organisers have confirmed that commercial regulations and entry information is now available and can be downloaded from the series’ website: www.evo-challenge.co.uk. Organisers are also pleased to announce that, as in previous years, competitors will benefit from an extensive prize fund which will reward the leading drivers with prize money vouchers and awards on each round and at the end of the season.
For the first time this season the winner of the Evolution Challenge in each of the three countries, UK, Ireland and Sweden, will win the same prize: A supported drive in an international event which will take place at the end of 2010 or at the start of 2011. This will include: entry fees, tyres, fuel and other expenses. Full details will be announced during the season.
Then, whichever of the three crews are first home on this event will be crowned European Evolution Challenge Champion. Added to this, a guaranteed nomination for the Pirelli Star Driver shoot-out will also be offered to the winner.
“I am delighted to finally be able to announce our plans for this year,” said Evolution Challenge Manager Simon Slade. “It has been a real challenge to bring all of the elements together and secure the support we need. However, we have had an promising number of enquiries from crews over the winter months, so I’m confident we will be in for an excellent year.”
The 2010 Mitsubishi Ralliart Evolution Challenge is supported by Mitsubishi Motors UK, Ralliart, Pirelli tyres, Sunoco fuels, JR Motorsports, Speedline Corse wheels, CL brakes/Murray Motorsport, Sparco racewear and PIAA lights – who sponsor the junior award for under 25-year old drivers.
– February 27-28 Rallye Sunseeker (shake-down – non-scoring) Gravel
1 March 27 Bulldog International Rally North Wales Gravel
2 April 23-24 Pirelli International Rally Gravel
3 May 28-29 Jim Clark International Rally Asphalt
4 July 9-10 Isle of Man International Rally Asphalt
5 August 21-22 International Rally NI Asphalt
6 September 24-25 International Rally Yorkshire Gravel