Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Official Partner of the AT&T Williams team, is again giving away the chance to drive a recent AT&T Williams Formula One car in 2009.
Through the online Philips Driving Academy, one lucky winner will get to drive a Williams FW29 for five laps on a Grand Prix circuit following intensive training from the AT&T Williams team.
Following on from the success of last year’s competition, Philips is committed to getting people closer to Formula One and putting them in the driving seat – literally in this case.
Competition details are as follows:
• Enter the Philips Driving Academy at www.philips.com/attwilliams
• Register your details and set your own ‘hotlap’ on the specifically designed Philips test track
• The closing date for the competition is 20th September 2009
2. The prize:
• The ten fastest entrants globally will win an expenses paid trip to the UK to compete in an assessment day
• The third placed finalist will get to drive a sports car around the circuit with instruction from Kazuki Nakajima
• The second placed finalist will practice the track in a sports car (as above) and then get to drive an F2 car for five laps of the circuit
• The overall winner will practice the circuit in both the sports car and F2 car, receive a one-to-one briefing from Kazuki Nakajima and then drive a Williams FW29 for five laps of the track
Patrick Overwijk, F1 Sponsorship Manager, Philips Consumer Lifestyle, said: “Last season we found fourteen very talented drivers who demonstrated a perfect combination of skill, track awareness, consistency and a willingness to learn. In 2009, we’re hoping that the Philips Driving Academy will unearth a number of men and women who also have what it takes to drive the AT&T Williams car. Good luck!”